I just wanted to take a minute to blog this so that anyone else who gets stuck by it doesn’t need to go through all of the rigamarole I did to solve it.
If you run into issues with synchronizing your TV program guide in Windows Media Center 2005, and the issue is either a Code 13 or 33 error do the following:
- Open up the Date/Time control panel.
- Make sure your date and time are properly set. (if they weren’t, try downloading the program guide again).
- Click on the 3rd tab, which controls network time synchronization.
- Try sync’ing to time.windows.com or the NIST server. 5a. If this fails, make sure that Port 37 is open on your firewall. 5b. If this succeeds, I have no clue what’s wrong. Sorry :(
- Once Port 37 (Network Time Protocol) is open, you should be all set and your program guide should download quite happily.