In case any of you care, here are the blogs I’ve found most interesting and relevant to my life over the past few weeks:
- Bert Stephani - Confessions of a Photographer - Great easy-to-follow discussions on off-camera lighting.
- Dare Obasanjo - 25 Hours a Day - After a hiatus, Dare's back to blogging, to which I say "woo-hoo!" I've always loved his no-bullshit technical posts.
- Udi Tirosh - DIYPhotography - Very practical information on everything from building your own softbox to how slow you can shoot with different types of lenses. The kind of stuff you could figure out on your own, but much easier to digest when it's handed to you in a fun, conversational manner.
- Nate Silver - FiveThirtyEight - The most insightful discussions on the latest political polls from the guy who redefined baseball statistics.
- Joe McNally - One of my favorite photographers, and the author of The Moment it Clicks. Check out his photos from today of a Manhattan firefighter brigade to see why I love his stuff so which.
- David Hobby - Strobist - David Hobby's so awesome that Joe McNally gives him regular shout-outs. Nuff said.
- Matt Goyer - urbnlivn - What's up in the Seattle condo market, a topic near and dear to my heart right now.
- Zach Arias - Utterly fantastic music and fashion photographer in Atlanta. You have to check out his multi-part tutorial on shooting on seamless backgrounds. Awesome stuff.